Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124

Ministers are growing calls for a national inquiry into gang rape in cities across the UK after Elon Musk reopened the decades-old scandal.
However, the 2022 authoritative study outlines how to tackle the issue.
Professor Alexis Jay, author of the report, said on Tuesday: “We have had enough questions, consultations and discussions. “We know what action is needed and people should take it easy.”
Jay’s report into child sexual abuse made 20 detailed recommendations, calling on the then Conservative government to publish the measures it had taken within six months.
These include introducing a legal requirement for individuals in certain professions to report allegations of child sexual abuse to the relevant authorities.
The petition called for a national reparations mechanism to provide compensation to victims and the establishment of a child protection authority with powers to inspect any institution involving children.
Many of the recommended changes have not happened, either because they have not been implemented or because last year’s general election halted the passage of laws through Parliament.
The main recommendation was stronger age verification on online sites as well as mandatory online screening of child pornography.
While the previous government introduced the Online Safety Act 2023, which expected social media platforms to enforce age limits and age verification, it did not include pre-screening of child and youth pornography. The law became the Online Security Act, which will take full effect this year.
A key recommendation of Jay’s review was that people who work with children face criminal penalties if they do not report claims of sexual abuse. On Monday, Home Secretary Yvette Cooper promised this would be addressed in the upcoming Crime and Policing Bill.
She also said that the government will issue a law that will make adornment worse in terms of punishing sexual crimes against children.
Downing Street confirmed plans to bring these changes into law were already underway before the issue was raised by the Moose last week.
“We are working fast to pass all the recommendations,” he said. “These recommendations were made in 2022 and were not implemented by the last government. This government has already started implementing the recommendations.”
However, many of the recommendations are yet to come. These include ending the three-year cap on child sexual abuse victims filing personal injury claims. National Financial Recovery Mechanism for Victims; and changes to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme.
After Jay’s review came out, the former Conservative government promised to consult on the measures, but did not bring them into law.
The report called for medical assistance for the victims, but it was not implemented.
Extending schemes that prevent certain people from working with children and extending these overseas also did not come out.
The appointment of a dedicated cabinet minister for children is recommended, although both the Tory and current Labor governments say responsibility already rests with the education secretary.
On Wednesday, the opposition Conservative Party will attempt a vote in the House of Commons to pressure the government into launching a new investigation into the gang scandal.
The Tories have proposed a “reasonable reform” to the Child Welfare and Schools Bill, calling for a full national inquiry.
Jay’s report examined only six specific cities – while gangs have previously operated in more than 40 cities – and accused the government of “blocking the entire national inquiry”.
But Minister for Victims Alex Davies-Jones said Jay had already submitted a full report with testimonies from more than 700 victims.
“Once those[Jay’s]recommendations are implemented, if there is any additional work, we will certainly do that work,” she added.
In the year In 2014, the UK launched Operation Stovewood, described as “the single largest law enforcement investigation into the sexual exploitation and abuse of children outside of the UK”.
According to the National Crime Agency, 39 people were convicted and jailed for a total of almost 500 years.
Ten trials have been listed between this year and 2026, and there were more than 40 ongoing investigations, according to the NCA. More than 220 people were voluntarily arrested or taken to the police station.
Two brothers accused of raping girls 18 years ago are due to be sentenced in Sheffield next week, luring their young victims to places where they were assaulted with drugs and alcohol.
In the year Three brothers were found guilty of sexually assaulting children in Barrow and Leeds between 1996 and 2010. The girls who were abused by the two brothers were between the ages of six and seven when the abuse began and lasted for several years, the Crown said. Case service.
The former limousine drivers convicted last year involved what the CPS said were “systematically grooming and molesting” young girls in the Rotherham area between 2005 and 2015. Sexual offenses against eight girls aged between 12 and 17 at the time.